In essence, our content should not only educate fellow members of the LDS community, but appeal to persons of all political persuasions across our readership. Our articles bring a different point of view by re-framing the issues and driving constructive debate.
Here are the objectives of our posts:
- Authors are allowed to write on any topic they desire, primarily focusing on a unique perspective which contributes to the larger debate.
- Each post should be concise and persuasive, delivering clear points of view driving impact. As they say in politics, “if you are explaining, you are losing”.
- All subject matter, including comments, must be “church” rated — we do not support trolling (this includes comments on posts).
- Each author actively seeks different points of view, including those with opposite views (fact-based and coherent of course!).
- We avoid broad-based assumptions without data, which can be undermined and destroy the credibility of the content.
- We believe in fact-checking all data and claims.
- We avoid conspiracy theories and stay within the bounds of what can be proven. Conspiracy theories detract from the message of this site and weaken our collective credibility.
- We will not use this blog to lash out at opposing viewpoints, however, we will not shy away from defending our beliefs.
- We actively try to recruit other Mormon Democrats who are uniquely positioned to add to the credibility of this blog.
Final approval of all content is facilitated by the site’s administrators. Our organization’s primary concern is delivering high quality perspective and content, which is synonymous with our website.
***We do not represent either the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints or the Democratic Party in any official capacity. Our views reflect our own personal opinions.